Before Spray Tan Session
Shower and exfoliate skin prior to all VersaSpa® tanning sessions.
Our specially formulated solution is applied and absorbed into the top layers of the skin and will fade with the natural exfoliation process of the skin. Starting a Sunless session with freshly rejuvenated skin will deliver the best results.
Do the following:
- Exfoliate skin
- Remove all jewelry. Body piercing jewelry can remain.
- Do not wear any makeup.
- Do not apply lotion on your skin.
- Avoid products that contain silicone.
- Do not use and perfume or deodorant
- Bring along dark-colored, loose-fitted clothing to wear after tanning (preferably cotton). All other solutions besides the Bronze Tanning solution will not rub off on clothes. The solution is water soluble but wash your clothes within 12 hours.
- If it is raining, bring an umbrella.
Note: Shaving is ok prior to your session but DO NOT wax prior to your session. Wait at least 24 hours.
The VersaSpa® uses a 4-position stance for tanning and a 2-position stance for other applications. It also uses a 2 or 4 position dry cycle. Please review the supplied stance poster and multi-session menu.
CAUTION: Slippery Conditions. Move slowly and use extreme care to avoid slipping after applying barrier cream to hands and feet and when moving around inside the VersaSpa® booth and outer areas.
- Consult physician before using the VersaSpa® booth if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant.
- Never operate/use the VersaSpa® while sleeping, drowsy, or impaired. This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory, or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge.
- Move slowly and use extreme care to avoid slipping after applying barrier cream to hands and feet and when moving around inside the VersaSpa® and outer areas.
Note: FDA Guidelines for Sunless Spray Tan Safety: MT Industries, Inc. recommends the use of Winkies®, an inexpensive and disposable eye shield that fits securely over your eye area. MT Industries, Inc. also suggests covering your lips with a lip balm or similar product. To protect nasal passages and avoid inhalation, use an in-nose filter or a small amount of cotton inserted into each nostril. Finally, keep your mouth closed during your VersaSpa® session.
Prior to Entering VersaSpa® booth
- Once in the VersaSpa® application area, make sure the unit is properly reset by visually checking that the green start button (located on the spray nozzle column inside the VersaSpa® spray booth) is blinking slowly. If the green start button is not blinking slowly, notify salon operator.
- If the VersaSpa® booth is properly reset, remove jewelry and makeup, then disrobe. Apply nasal filter and lip balm.
- Put on hair cap (position cap slightly above hairline and ears) and booties (if booties are available and desired).
- Apply barrier to palms (if desired), cuticles of fingers, fingernails, between fingers, bottom of feet, and between toes, toe nails, back of heals (if not using booties). Avoid touching any part of the body after applying barrier cream.
Assume proper 1st position stance, standing with your toes slightly over the red line in the center of the booth and so that your body is even with the edge of the wall openings.
After Spray Tan Session
- Wait at least 6 hours before showering, moisturizing, or partaking in any strenuous activity (avoid sweating and do not go to the gym).
- Avoid the rain. Use an umbrella.
- Avoid aggressive soaps with sulfates.
- Avoid petroleum or mineral oil products
- Apply VersaSpa® Daily Performance Lotion daily to help keep skin hydrated, smooth, and to prolong tanning results.
- Use Touch-Up Spray (if needed).
- If there are dark patches around hands, feet, etc. appear, use an emery board to lightly exfoliate the area.
- Since the face is the first area to lose its tan, offer your clients a face only touch-up session in the VersaSpa®!
- When you do shower, you will notice the cosmetic bronzer will go down the drain.
- VersaSpa® Solution does not contain sunscreen and is not a substitute for proper sun protection.